I see lots of more activity on this wiki now.
I have a new username
Hi everyone. I used to be Gonzofan, but I recently changed my username to better reflect my current activity/interests on the wiki network. I just wanted to give you all a heads up. I'm still here and I'm still very much interested in contributing to this wiki. :) --WikicontributorHubpup (talk) 02:09, December 3, 2012 (UTC)
just a suggestion
- That would be a wonderful idea! Safety is the #1 priority anywhere! PoundPuppies10fan1 (talk) 15:41, December 19, 2012 (UTC)
- So how far would we protect it? Should we just allow any user who has edited to the wiki to edit the front page, or only admins? --- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 00:13, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Seems okay, although Lucky and Cookie's faces are cut off. And like Gonzofan said, Squirt is missing entirely. It's a lot better than the last one, though. Also, I made a 90x67 px logo for the Wiki here to replace the blue text at the top, if you're interested.--Paranoid Puppies Inc. (talk) 23:06, November 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I think that would be perfect! I'll paste it with a pic of the Pound Puppies group via Photoshop, if that's ok with you :) And like I said before for the background, it's still a work in progress. I'll add Squirt, Cupcake, and Patches onto it so that it'll look much better. Stay tuned!PoundPuppies10fan1 (talk) 17:37, November 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay, just remember, the wordmark has to be 250x65px or less. Personally, I wouldn't add to it since the logo's already pretty tiny, but if you can manage to do that without it looking too pixelated, I think it might make an even better logo. Just make it look good :) . Also, your school has photoshop?--Paranoid Puppies Inc. (talk) 01:10, November 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Now that I look at the logo, I see a little space that can be used up. I'll fix that right away! I'm still working on the background, trying to make Squirt fit without making it look wierd. And I would like to thank everyone for helping contribute to this wonderful wiki. If it weren't for you guys, this wiki would've been dull and boring. Again, thanks; both from me, and the dogs at Shelter 17. We couldn't have done it without you! :) PoundPuppies10fan1 (talk) 12:43, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm surprised how far we got, considering that only five signed in users have ever actually edited this Wiki. Speaking of which, what ever happened to The Nth Doctor? Oh, and by the way, I took the dog tag off of my "Excited Strudel" vector and recolored and resized it to serve as this Wiki's favicon, again, if you're interested. Here's the link. I also tried uploading it to the Wiki's photo section, but that didn't turn out well. Since only admins can delete things, can you please delete it? File:Pound Puppies Icon.ico Thanks!
- --- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 17:45, November 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry for the late reply, but I did delete the one pic u asked me to delete and I think that that would be an excellent favicon! PoundPuppies10fan1 (talk) 15:45, November 20, 2012 (UTC)
How do you guys like the new home page design? It's now broken into two columns and a poll. Still needs a little more work, but I'll do that later. What do you think should be added? --- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 02:09, December 15, 2012 (UTC)
- I think it looks awesome! Great work so far. As for other additions, I'm not sure yet, but I will probably have some ideas later.--WikicontributorHubpup (talk) 02:14, December 15, 2012 (UTC)
- I love the new homepage design! It really pops! PoundPuppies10fan1 (talk) 12:35, December 18, 2012 (UTC)
Looks like Patches is in first place, with Rebound in a close second and Cupcake dead last (poor Cupcake). Any suggestions for what we should do with this month's poll? I'm thinking "Favorite Primary Character", can you guys think of anything more creative? --- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 20:39, January 1, 2013 (UTC)
Every two weeks sounds good! Oh and yeah, I love the poll! Though, it would be sad to see the humans getting no votes.....now excuse me while I do "something" (check the poll in a few minutes).
- I think it depends, if we are able to coming up with different ideas fast enough, then every two weeks sounds good. But if we need more time to come up with a question, we can wait a month.--WikicontributorHubpup (talk) 00:31, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
We all know that there are many fanfictions out there for this series and I was wondering...I think we should add a fanon page! I can post my quickly-becoming-famous To Have Loved series here and other fans can post their fanfictions here as well! PoundPuppies10fan1 (talk) 17:35, January 2, 2013 (UTC)
Psia Paczka Wiki: What Do You Think?
I recently discovered a wiki for this series in Polish! I think it's pretty cool, but whhat do you other fellow Pound Puppies fans think? http://pl.pound-puppies-psia-paczka.wikia.com/wiki/Pound_Puppies:_Psia_Paczka_Wiki PoundPuppies10fan1 (talk) 17:17, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- This is great! I agree with Hubpup, it's nice to see interest in the show from other countries. After looking at their Wiki, I thought that we could use a higher quality logo and background. I tried translating their articles using Google Translate, getting back the usual parade of non-sequiturs mixed in with actual content you get from using Google Translate. Interestingly, the show is known in Poland as Pound Puppies: Dog Pack. Thought you should know. Also, only one more article until we hit 200! ----- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 21:32, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- "Favorite Season Two Episode" (there are only 13 of them)
- "Favorite Season" (9 Story Season One, DHX Season One/Season 1.5, Season 2)
- "Favorite Guest Voice Actor" (EG Daily, Kath Soucie, Kevin Michael Richardson, Jim Parsons, Betty White, George Takei, Jennifer Carpenter, etc.--add whichever ones you want)
- "Best Song" (Barlow (song), Happy That You're Home, Pound Puppies Theme, whichever songs we happen to make articles for...)
- "Favorite Regular Voice Actor" (Eric McCormack, René Auberjonois, Yvette Nicole Brown, John DiMaggio, Michael Rapaport, Alanna Ubach, M. Emmet Walsh, Brooke Goldner, Jessica DiCicco, Cree Summer).
(I don't think we'll need to add signatures)
New Features Added!
- Chat and forums seems ok to me. But I have to be honest, I am against having comments on the articles. I am not a fan of that feature. It makes the articles seem more like a message board, and I feel that the articles should just have their info, and that's it, any discussions about the article's content should be kept "under the hood" on their respective talk pages. Thoughts? EDIT: I also discussed this with Paranoid Pup here; http://poundpuppies2010.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Theme?t=20121230075438----WikicontributorHubpup (talk) 19:01, January 23, 2013 (UTC)
- We already have a comment from an anonymous user on the Squirt page screaming "FIRST COMMENT!!!!!!!!!" and another (same guy) saying "i kinda have a crush on lucky lol" on the Lucky page. The problem with the comment section is that it encourages off-topic discussion about an article's subject, not the article itself. On the other paw, sometimes that off-topic discussion can lead to something on-topic and useful to the aritcle. Depending on how you look at it, this may be worth it. However, I love the forums and chat. --- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 01:02, January 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, forum and chat is definitely a great feature. As for the comments, Paranoid Pup hit on one of the key issues that I agree with, it can encourage off-topic discussions that are not important to the article. I'd say that we can wait until the end of this week to make a final decision. Lets see how it goes.--WikicontributorHubpup (talk) 02:10, January 24, 2013 (UTC)
Lucky is in second and Strudel is in third, with the rest tied in last place. Now, let's do songs for this half-month's poll. Should we include the songs from Salty (episode) and The Ruff Ruff Bunch, or should we just list the songs we have articles for? If I don't get a response, I'm only doing the songs we have articles for. --- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 05:51, January 31, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree, we should only do the songs that we have articles for.--WikicontributorHubpup (talk) 06:51, January 31, 2013 (UTC)
- I, too, agree. songs we have articles for PoundPuppies10fan1 (talk) 12:45, January 31, 2013 (UTC)
Since February is a short month, let's keep this poll up until March 1st. I also want to see the tie broken. Until then, anyone have any thoughts of what March's poll should be? --- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 20:29, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Is it too late to add The Ruff Ruff Bunch (song) to the poll? (I'm guessing it might be) we didn't have a page for it until recently. As for the next poll, looking at the suggestion list, I'm thinking we should go with "Favorite regular voice actor"--WikicontributorHubpup (talk) 22:58, February 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, it's too late. Adding another answer would reset the poll, losing the votes the other songs already gathered. For the next poll, do you think we should add EG Daily and Kath Soucie too, since they voice a lot of pups, or should we just limit the choices to the primary characters and the Super Secret Pup Club? --- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 06:57, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
Who is your favorite regular voice actor? ? (March 2013)
Winner: Yvette Nicole Brown
April 2013 Poll
Yvette Nicole Brown is the winner, with Eric McCormack in second and Alanna Ubach in third. I'm guessing some of you just picked the voice actor who voices your favorite character :-)
Happy Easter, Pupsters! Looks like we're going back to monthly polls. Any ideas for next month's polls?--- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 16:47, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
May 2013 Poll
With only two days remaining in the month, it's time to come up with a new poll! The results of the current poll will be posted in the "April 2013 Poll" section. Any ideas what to make the next poll and, while we're at it, the next featured quote and page to replace "Pound Preemies" in the slider (since it's already been three months)?--- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 06:26, April 28, 2013 (UTC)
Primary Characters Pics
I really like that Lucky image for the primary characters section of the homepage. I think we should do that for the characters for now on. What do you guys think? PoundPuppies10fan1 (talk) 14:47, May 24, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree (considering that I made them ;-) ). Although, should the square be the shade of purple in the Pound Puppies logo (like it is now), or the lighter shade you get when you type "purple" into CSS (the color of everything from our infoboxes to our background? --- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 15:52, May 24, 2013 (UTC)
June 2013 Poll
Any ideas for this month's poll? Now that new Pound Puppies are airing, I think we can switch back to a bimonthly poll, assuming we can come up with ideas fast enough. --- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 03:31, June 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, perhaps we could go with "Which Pound Puppy would make the best pet?" --WikicontributorHubpup (talk) 07:00, June 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Halfway through the month already. Yeah, let's go with your idea (the Shelter 17 eight I presume). Poll ending July 1st.
- Here are the results;
July 2013 poll
Results for the July poll;
August 2013 Poll Reset
September 2013 Update
Well, since there's only one week left until September starts, time to suggest some ideas on how to replace the featured items on the home page. Remember, we need to replace the featured article (which will either replace the Super Secret Pup Club or Shelter 17 slide), the featured picture, featured quote, and poll (with choices). If there is more than one idea, we'll hold a vote. --- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 20:34, August 24, 2013 (UTC)
- I'd like to nominate this picture for Featured Picture of September 2013.
Featured Article: Patches
Featured Picture: "Strudel pushes the button"
Featured Quote: "Months Ago" quote
Poll: "Where in the US do you think Shelter 17 is?" [Choices: Pacific Northwest (Oregon, Idaho, etc.), Southwest (California, Arizona, etc.), Midwest (Ohio, Michigan, etc.), South (Texas, Georgia, etc.), Northeast (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, etc.), and Other)]
Any objections? --- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 06:19, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
August 2013 Poll Results
It seems rather obvious that there were some ballot stuffers for this poll, but unfortunately, we can't announce Strudel as winner because Lucky or Cookie may have had some legitimate votes. So, there's no winner (also, why would you want to stuff the ballot on a pointless poll like this one anyway?). --- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 18:57, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
September 2013 Poll Results
Where in the US do you think Shelter 17 is? (September 2013)
Unfortunately, this poll had to be closed early because of ballot stuffers. Too bad too, I liked this poll. No winner (by the way, would it be better to post a picture, or the text like we usually do?). Maybe we should repost this poll next month with the message "No ballot stuffing". --- Paranoid Puppies Inc. (bark) 02:53, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
HI, I have created a new Pound Puppies Wiki